My family came down a week before Braxton's baby blessing, and we went to Pensacola, Florida! It was so nice to get out and enjoy the sun. We've basically been shut up in our house all summer for two reasons: One, Texas is hotter than HECK and the pools are even too hot to swim in! Seriously, you hop in the pool, and ten minutes later you realize that you are still sweating hot. Summer in Texas is like winter in Utah, no one goes out! Reason number two, Braxton is still so little. So, Florida was amazing, and the beach was so much fun! The water was beautiful and felt great! We rented a condo right on the beach. A bunch of my extended family met us down there. I hadn't seen some of my cousins in years. My grandma even flew down and chilled at the beach! My family is in love with Braxton. My parents were always willing to watch Brax so Ryan and I could go play.

My sister, my mom, and Ry at the beach.

Happy Family!

My sister and me. She's going to pass me up. I'm going to be the shortest in my family:(

Brax chillaxin at the beach.

Some of my aunts and cousins.

My parents have some friends who retired in Pensacola. Al took us out in his boat early one morning. He,my dad, and Ry were fishing. My brother, Ian, and I went to spot dolphins. One swam right alongside the boat!

We went to the U.S. Naval Air Museum with all the kids and my dad. We are standing in front of the famous Blue Angels jets.
On the way home, we stopped at the Battle of Vicksburg in Mississippi. This is one of the Civil War Union ironclads that traveled up the Mississippi River during the battle.
Here are some pictures of Braxton's blessing! I just can't describe how much love I have for him. Little Braxton is everything to me, and I would do anything for him. Having him has strengthened my testimony and understanding of Christ's atonement. I better understand why God was willing to give His Son for us. I don't have to fear the future because I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for my little boy, and everything will be okay through Christ's atonement; no matter what happens! We are a family forever!

My grandma brought down this beautiful blanket to use. Braxton's great, great Grandma made that blanket. He is the third generation to be blessed in it.
Lain, join the club. I have been the midget in my family for years :) I love all the pictures, can't wait to hold that cute boy and catch up with my bestie!
ReplyDeleteYou so don't look like you just had a baby! You are beautiful. So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteSo sad I had to miss it :(
ReplyDeleteHoly cow lucky lady! You look like you've been having so much fun!! Things are as hot here but I'm not kidding when I say I think you have gone out more than I have. Braxton is so adorable. Motherhood really is amazing. It's like my heart and mind expanded in ways I didn't know they could... I'm so glad to see how much you're loving it. And um hey not fair how awesome you look!! You are the hottest new mommy ever and I'm not exaggerating. I am envious of your flat belly. Tell me your secret.
ReplyDelete