Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ten things you should know...


Brax Man is ten months old today! So crazy how fast they grow. I'm already dreading the day when I'm no longer the only girl in his life. I wish I could freeze time!

1. He waves.
It's so cute, and quite spastic-looking. He even initiated a waving fest with a woman in the waiting room at Wal-Mart while we waited for an oil change.

2. He's crawling.
It's official. No more army crawl for this boy. He's on his hands and knees, getting into everything.

3. He wishes he could walk.
He loves pulling himself up and walking all around the furniture. He will crawl up to us and then reach for our hands so he can pull up and stand.

4. He's a biter.
He's got 6 pearly whites and he loves using them to rip caps off of containers, nip the couch, and chomp on `us when he's playing or trying to get our attention. My kid is going to be the one everyone hates at church. I just pray he doesn't bite other kids (with a few exceptions;) I'm kidding, I'm kidding! So far he has a clean record with other kids.

5.He likes to spit his food.
The kid loves spitting out his food just to hear us tell him, "No, no." Then he laughs and keeps doing it. He loves feeding himself and sometimes when we are feeding him, he will let us, only to proceed to spit out the food, take a look at it, and then pop it back in himself.

6. He has attitude (and a bit of a temper).
Like his mother, you wouldn't know he has attitude until you've spent some time with him;). Brax is very sweet and smiley, but this kid has opinions and he wants things a certain way! He can only keep up the image for so long.
When he's mad, he throws any and everything within his reach. When we are eating, Brax will want a specific food item and will throw anything else given to him until he gets exactly what he wants. It goes like this when he wants out of his car seat: we give him his binky, he chucks it. We give him a toy, he chucks it. We give him his water, he chucks that too.

7. He's a social man.
Brax loves being with lots of people, especially other kids. He'll smile at anyone, and loves putting on a show. At church today he crawled across the aisle and starting playing with some of our friends and their two boys. Brax was over there just laughing and playing with their toys. He was having a good old time.

8. He drinks out of straws.
Bottles are for babies. Brax loves drinking out of his little sippy cup with a straw. It's so cute. He also loves drinking out of our glasses at dinner. He will point to Ryan's glass and scream until Ry gives him a drink. He thinks he's an adult, but he actually is a little shrimp. For example, yesterday we were at the park with some friends and one of them said, "Oh wow, when did he start holding his head up." We replied, "He's older than he looks." It was hilarious. This friend was a man of course. The kid crawls and waves at people for goodness sakes!

9. He says his first word (but he doesn't know he's saying it).
His first word is, "Da-Da." Let's be honest, he doesn't really know what it means, ergo it's not technically his first word. According the Braxton Speak, "DaDa" means any of the following depending on the context: Dad, Mom, I'm mad, help me, and pick me up. He says it a ton. I'm going to have to start doing some drills with him so he can learn his real first word, "Mama!"

10. If you ask his parents (and grandparents), he is PERFECT! See for yourself...




6 comments:

  1. AW! I can't wait to come home in a month and see y'all! :) He's getting soooooo big. I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is perfect!!! What a sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Lain. He is adorable! I can't believe he will be a year soon! Hope I can see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. avery is edging her way in...you may not be the only woman in his life for much longer :)

    ReplyDelete