Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I heart New York... and D.C.
































We just got back from our family trip to New York and Washington D.C. with Ryan's family. It was so much fun. Ryan's sister, Aubrey is living in New York for the summer. Her husband is doing an internship out there. We all decided to pay them a visit and drive down to D.C. while we were out there. My aunt also lives in Manhattan, so Ry and I slept at her place while we were there. Also, one of my best friends, Rachel, flew through NY on her way home from the Dominican Republic! She got to spend a night with us! She had never been to NY so I took her to see the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Central Park!We also went to Coney Island and I must say... it was like a ghetto version of a beach! It was the weirdest thing ever. I had never seen so many different types of people in my life. There were people from every country imaginable... wearing every type of swim attire imaginable! The water was even ghetto, there was trash brushing up against my legs as the waves crashed. It was sick... but I had a great time (I'm probably exaggerating... but still)! I had been to NY before, but this was my first time to D.C. I absolutely loved it there. It is a beautiful place. It was cool seeing all the beautiful buildings and monuments. I especially loved the Lincoln monument. After going to all the war monuments and being reminded of our Founding Fathers, I felt so much patriotism for the way this country used to be-for our founding principles of honor and virtue. Unfortunately, I felt like now days.... there just aren't people like that in Washington anymore. There are many powerful people who only care about themselves and not the people or our country. However, I am so grateful to live in the U.S. The world is getting worse and worse, but there are still good people in it:)

2 comments:

  1. I finally had time to look at your blog! I am so glad I have a way to see what you are up to now. It looks like you had an awesome trip and I hope everything is going well for you in Texas! P.S.I love your new apartment

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! I'm glad that I can stock you too:) Good luck with school next week!

    ReplyDelete