Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Texas and Teaching


Well, we're pretty sure that we'll be moving to Dallas, TX for medical school! Ry is going to go to UT Southwestern! We are planning on moving in the middle of July. I'm sad to leave, but really excited for the adventure that lies ahead! One thing is for sure.... I'm NOT going to miss the cold/snow one bit:)

The other bit of big news is that I am now teaching 5th grade as the official teacher! I'm going to finish out the school year with them because their teacher had to leave. BYU asked me if I would finish out my student teaching with this class and then I'm going to stay until the end of May. I was so nervous at first but my class is awesome! The kids are so much fun and they are so sweet to me (let''s hope it doesn't wear off:) Today was my second day and the kids were already bringing me presents and writing me notes. Even though student teaching would have been much easier, I'm glad I got asked to do this because now I get this class all to myself and I get to do whatever I want. Its so fun. It's a ton of work, but luckily I have an amazing husband who helps me out all the time! He probably wants to kill me a lot of the time because I get so stressed, but he does a good job making me feel better. Life is crazy.... but its wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lain! You're so grown up! I wish I were as successful as you:) Congratulations on Texas! It must feel good to know where you're going now! Call me soon. We have to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi elaine!!! You have a blog!!! i'm sooo glad I found it!!!! Life looks great for you guys, i haven't seen in forever!! and you probably won't for a while, we just moved! anyway, i'll be checking in now on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete