Monday, January 11, 2010

Student Teaching

I'm finally on the home stretch of my college career! I started my student teaching last week in first grade! Let me just say that back in the day I thought I wanted to teach the little kids because they love their teacher and are still sweet....WRONG! I miss the older kids because although they can be brats, they actually get your jokes, and they can do stuff on their own. I'm teaching at a school in South Provo and have fully realized that Provo is NOT "Happy Valley." The kids I teach are adorable, but it breaks my heart because they come from horrible circumstances. Most of the kids come from broken families living in public housing. Most of their parents can't even speak English. Everyday I come home more thankful for my life, and the life I will be able to give my children someday. It's been an eye-opening experience and I love it:)

1 comment:

  1. yea! how exciting! lainie so happy i found your blog! love and miss you lots!!

    ReplyDelete